tirsdag 27. september 2011

Zipcar.com

Dear readers!

Today I, Karl Yngve, will write my first entry in this blog. Helene is doing a very good job of updating our blog, and it is about time I contribute some myself. First of, I must mention that we now have access to cars in Irvine! I have become a member of the zipcar community, see www.zipcar.com. It is kind of like leasing cars, only that we do all the reservations via the webpage online, or through the android application. The cars are placed at many different parking lots, which make it very convenient. After trying it a couple of times, now, it seems to work very well. It is not very cheap, but at least we have access to cars without having to buy one. The closest zipcar actually lives only 2 minutes away from our apartment, right next to the pool.
Just for fun, here are some more pictures from our first zipcar ride.






Here I'm looking for how to start the car. The ignition was not very intuitively placed. The smart car was not actually very good to drive either, but luckily there are a lot of different zipcars available. In the picture below, I'm still trying to figure it all out. Anyway, our first ride was succesfull. We visited Target, which is like a giant-super-mega store, where they have everything (hardware, clothes, food, kitchen stuff, etc. - quite impressive, actually).



I'll also use this opportunity to mention that I've settled in quite nicely in my office, and that I have started to work as usual. For now, it is actually quite similar to my condition at my office at NTNU, except for the lack of some peripherals for my computer (I currently just use my laptop as is, where at NTNU I would connect it to an external large monitor and a keyboard).

I guess I'll write some more later. If anyone want me to write about something in particular, please tell me in the comments! Peace out!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar